- guggenheim fellow shane rocheleau visits usu
- prof. soukhakian selected for ‘a greater utah’
- prof. soukhakian wins julia margaret cameron award
- prof. ragland on assignment for the washington post
- prof. ragland awarded caine college researcher of the year
- prof. soukhakian named to critical mass top 50
- prof. soukhakian receives tenure, promotion
prof. soukhakian named to photolucida critical mass top 50Sept 16, 2022
Fazilat Soukhakian, Hannah & Mynam
Congratulations to Professor Fazilat Soukhakian, who has been named to Photolucida’s 2022 Critical Mass TOP 50.
Photolucida’s Critical Mass is a highly competitive, peer reviewed annual online program celebrating the best photographers working today. Photographers at any level, from anywhere in the world, submit a portfolio of 10 images. Through a pre-screening process, the field is narrowed to a group of 200 finalists who go on to have their work viewed and voted on by over 200 esteemed international photography professionals. From the finalist group, the TOP 50 are named and a series of awards are given.
A 2022 Critical Mass TOP 50 group exhibition curated by Arnika Dawkins (Arnika Dawkins Gallery, Atlanta) is scheduled for the Seattle’s Photographic Center Northwest in Spring of 2023.
The announcement marks the second year in a row that USU Photo faculty have been recognized by Photolucida’s Critical Mass. In 2021, Professor Jared Ragland was named to the TOP 50 and received the Critical Mass Gifted Book Award.
See the 2022 Critical Mass TOP 50 here.