- fall analog students open “learning / process” at usu projects gallery
- bfa senior kenzli todd opens “fledgling” at usu projects gallery
- prof. ragland on assignment for the washington post
- guggenheim fellow shane rocheleau visits usu
- prof. soukhakian selected for ‘a greater utah’
- prof. soukhakian wins julia margaret cameron award
prof. soukhakian named 2022 utah visual arts fellow
Congratulations to Associate Professor Fazilat Soukhakian, who has been named a 2022 Utah Visual Arts Fellow by the Utah Division of Arts & Museums. The 2022 Fellowship cohort includes 12 diverse performing and visual artists from across the state, selected by director/playwright/actor Kevin Free and New York-based curator/writer Allison Glenn.
"Supporting those that support others is how communities get stronger," writes Glenn. "It is in these moments that artists can be our greatest advocates, and the work of photographer Fazilat Soukhakian displays that advocacy in action, by using her practice to tirelessly fight for visibility of marginalized communities that face discrimination."
Each fellow is awarded $5,000 to recognize their individual artistic excellence and support their professional careers. To learn more and see the full list of 2022 Fellows, visit the Utah Division of Arts & Museums website.