- bfa seniors open solo exhibitions in usu projects gallery
- prof. ragland awarded caine college researcher of the year
- sara j. winston visiting artist lecture + workshop
- prof. ragland featured in cpw’s photo now
- prof. soukhakian named to critical mass top 50
- prof. ragland publishes book chapter on ethics, visual representation
- prof. soukhakian receives tenure, promotion
prof. soukhakian named 2022 utah visual arts fellow
Congratulations to Associate Professor Fazilat Soukhakian, who has been named a 2022 Utah Visual Arts Fellow by the Utah Division of Arts & Museums. The 2022 Fellowship cohort includes 12 diverse performing and visual artists from across the state, selected by director/playwright/actor Kevin Free and New York-based curator/writer Allison Glenn.
"Supporting those that support others is how communities get stronger," writes Glenn. "It is in these moments that artists can be our greatest advocates, and the work of photographer Fazilat Soukhakian displays that advocacy in action, by using her practice to tirelessly fight for visibility of marginalized communities that face discrimination."
Each fellow is awarded $5,000 to recognize their individual artistic excellence and support their professional careers. To learn more and see the full list of 2022 Fellows, visit the Utah Division of Arts & Museums website.